Hmmm, laundry. That one constant in our lives! We may get it completed, but that feeling of victory is fleeting. Another day, another towel…. and practice uniform ….and comforter. You know what I’m talking about. So, if we can’t ever quite conquer laundry, how about instead creating some beautiful laundry room decor to make this chore more enjoyable?
I did some investigating on Pinterest and looked for what people LOVE in laundry room decor. After contemplating the various pins, I came to some conclusions-
- We LOVE photos of realistic laundry rooms. Many of the most popular images showed small spaces, tucked away in a closet or small room. This is the reality in which most of us live. One image even shows a really pretty laundry room someone created in their basement- that’s real life, people! Just because your laundry room is small or in a less than desirable space doesn’t mean it has to be unorganized or ugly!!!!
- We LOVE to dream about extravagant, huge laundry rooms as well. Even though we probably won’t ever get one of these super duper LARGE laundry rooms in our houses, we can still take away laundry room decor inspiration from them, just on a smaller scale.
- We LOVE an organized laundry room. If you are like me, you know what that sucker looks like most of the time. Heaps of clean laundry on top of the washer and dryer and heaps of dirty laundry on the floor waiting for the open washing machine. How awesome to see beautiful photos of perfectly tidy, organized laundry rooms. Do these rooms always look like that? Probably not, but we can all dream, can’t we?
- We LOVE a place to rinse, and sort, and hang and fold. Wouldn’t a little utility sink just be divine? I would love that in my laundry room. I do have a place to hang clothes, and kind of have a place to sort clothes, but the top of the washer and dryer just isn’t cutting it for folding clothes.
- We LOVE to disguise the true purpose of the laundry room with some lovely laundry room decor tricks. Cabinet doors that close over the washer and dryer?- yes please! A beautiful granite top to fold on?- okay! Shelving and baskets and cute décor?- all right!
You know what? I think I’ll just go and makeover MY laundry room while I give you time to check out all the beautiful photos here and dream of your laundry room makeover!!
Have you renovated your laundry room already? I’d love to see photos. You can email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!! Maybe I can even do an update to this post, featuring YOUR projects, but you’ve got to send me your pics first!!!
If you liked this post, please share this! It helps a lot with the growth of this blog. I know most people don’t share because they feel that their one social share will do anything. But here’s the truth…I’m building this blog one small share at a time, and will continue to do so. So thank you so much for your support, my reader.
Some great suggestions:
– Pin it!
– Share it to Google+
– Tweet it!
It won’t take more than 10 seconds of your time. The share buttons are right here. 🙂 Thank you SO much!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe and never miss a thing! Sledgehammerqueen posts delivered right to your inbox.